El Paso, Tx. Chiropractor, Dr. Alex Jimenez presents the “Fasting Mimicking Diet™” (FMD™) by ProLon®. He introduces how the plan works, what it includes, and the benefits.
This 5-day meal program provides nutrients in precise quantities and combinations that nourish the body, but the body does not recognize it as food and mimics a fast. This diet is the secret to fasting!
Research has shown certain types of diets that can mimic fasting, which enables the body to experience the health effects of a fast safely.
Fast Mimicking diet, what does it mean?
A Fasting Mimicking and Enhancing™ Diet (FMED™) is a high nutrition, low protein, low carbohydrate meal plan, that benefits aging, poor health, inflammation and maintaining optimal health.
What does plan consist of?
- The ProLon® plan is followed 5-days each month.
- Suggested you follow a healthy diet for remaining 25 days.
- Provides natural, healthy ingredients to nourish body while body believes it’s fasting.
- Meal is low in carbohydrates & proteins
- Contains healthy fatty acids
- Plant-based soups
How Diet Is Taken?
- The diet should be taken for 5 consecutive days
- Patient transitions one day then resumes normal diet gradually.
- Specific combination of food provided for each day: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks.
- Missed meal can be made up any time same day.
- Diet should be taken as recommended by healthcare professional.
After Completing the Diet?
- 6th-day diet ends, patient should avoid binge eating and resume normal diet gradually.
- Should start with liquid foods:
- Soups and fruit juices
- Followed by light meals:
- Rice, pasta and small portions of meat, fish
Body Performance Enhancement:
- Allows body to trigger set of protection measures
- Greater focus
- Leaner body
- Decrease excess body fat
- Preserve lean muscle mass
- Fastest way to lose fat (belly fat)
- Enhances cellular function
- Promote stem cell-based renewal (cleans up aging & damaged cells)
- Metabolic health
- Maintain healthy levels:
- Blood glucose
- Blood pressure
- Results in 5 days
Valter Longo, Ph.D.
Inventor: Fasting Mimicking Diet
Director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California and The Program on Longevity and Cancer at IFOM in Milan designed the FMD.
- He is considered the global leader in nutrition and aging.
- His research team took on the journey to uncover an intervention that slows/reverses biological aging and delays the onset of age-related diseases.
- Because it is risky nowadays to fast on water only, doctor Longo developed a natural plant-based meal program that imitates fasting while still feeding the body.
The ProLon Fasting Mimicking Formulation is only healthcare technology to be granted a patent for promoting tissue/organ regeneration, Longevity, and Healthspan by the USPTO.